Thursday 9 December 2010

Adam Hinton




Adam Hinton was a guest lecture to my course yesterday, he is a documentary photography who has managed to gain access and work in the world of advertising. I found his talk very inspirational and helped me understand what is needed to make it if I want to go down the documentary route. His work is fantastic, beautiful and hard hitting. Adam is the type of photographer I want to be, traveling the world bringing to light the struggle that people go through to the general public.

This is a photograph from a series he did on a community that live in slums under a flyover in Indonesia. It shows even though this community does not have much money and room they go out to make this tiny, damp and dark place their home. This series shows that even at the worst of times people can come together for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment