Saturday 8 May 2010

Favourite Galleries - The National Portrait Gallery

This is by far one of my all time favourite galleries in London; this is due to my love for portrait photography. I think with the right portrait you can truly see and understand a lot about the person in question and I find going to the National Portrait Gallery a great way to see how other artists have achieved this. They have painters, photographers, sculptors and many other forms of great artistic mediums to show the portrait genre in all its glory. The bonus is that it is round the corner from the National Gallery and before the Photographers' Gallery moved it was up the road from that too. So when I was in London I could pop along and see three of my favourite galleries to get inspiration from as well as look at beautiful work from all over the world of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment